The Double Doodle crosses the Standard Poodle and the Golden Retriever. They are medium to large-sized dogs with a coat that is either curly or wavy. The coat can be any color but is primarily black, brown, or cream. They are intelligent dogs that are easy to train. They are also very active and need plenty of exercises.
Double Doodles make great family pets as they are good with children and other animals. They are also very loyal and protective of their family. They require a lot of grooming, however, as their coat can get matted quickly. They also shed moderately throughout the year.
What Does Double Doodle Dog Look Like?
The Double Doodle has a medium to long coat and can be either straight or wavy. The most common colors for their coat are black, brown, cream, gold, and white. They do not shed much but must be brushed regularly to prevent matting. The Double Doodle should also be groomed every 6-8 weeks.
What Are The History And Origins Of The Double Doodle Dog?
The Double Doodle crosses the Standard Poodle and the Golden Retriever. The first Double Doodles were bred in the 1980s, but the breed gained popularity in the early 2000s.
The Standard Poodle is an intelligent breed initially bred in Germany as a hunting dog. The Golden Retriever is also an intelligent breed initially bred in Scotland to retrieve game birds for hunters.
Combining these two breeds results in a brilliant dog and easy to train. Double Doodles are also known for being very friendly and good with children.
While the exact origins of the Double Doodle are unknown, it is believed that they were first bred in the United States. The breed has become increasingly popular in recent years as more people are looking for dogs that are both intelligent and good with families.
In Which Breed Group Double Doodle Dog Lies?
The double doodle dog crosses two popular breeds, the labradoodle and the Goldendoodle. These dogs are known for their friendly dispositions, intelligence, and low-shedding coats. Double doodles are also often hypoallergenic, making them a good choice for people with allergies. These dogs typically have a life span of 10 to 12 years.
Double doodles can come in various colors, including black, brown, cream, apricot, and red. They typically weigh between 50 and 70 pounds and stand 18 to 24 inches tall at the shoulder. Double doodles are intelligent and easily trained like their parent breeds. They make great family pets and are good with children. They also get along well with other dogs and pets.
While double doodles require some exercise, they don’t require much. A daily walk or play session will suffice. They also do well in apartments or tiny homes if they get enough mental stimulation through training or interactive toys.
Overall, the double doodle is a happy, friendly dog that makes a great companion for families or individuals looking for a low-maintenance pet.
How Tall Can Double Doodle Doges Get?
The average height of a double-doodle dog is about 24 inches. However, some can grow to be as tall as 30 inches. The size of a double-doodle dog depends on the size of the parents. If both parents are small, the puppy will likely be small. If one parent is significant and the other is small, the puppy will be somewhere between. If both parents are significant, the puppy will likely be extensive. There is no guarantee that a double-doodle dog will be a specific size, but the average height is 24 inches.
What Kind Of Training Is Required For A Double Doodle Dog?
The first step in training a double-doodle dog is to socialize with them. This means exposing them to as many different people, animals, and situations as possible. The more they are exposed to, the less likely they will be afraid or anxious in new situations. Socialization can be done through puppy classes, playdates, and trips to the dog park.
The next step is basic obedience training. This should include sit, stay, come, down, and heel commands. Obedience training will help your double-doodle dog learn how to behave in different situations and make walking and outing easier.
You must put in some extra training time if you want your double-doodle dog to perform tricks or tasks. Teaching tricks like fetching, rolling over, or playing dead can be a great way to bond with your dog while giving them extra mental stimulation. You can also train your double-doodle dog to perform practical tasks like retrieving the newspaper or bringing you their leash when it’s time for a walk.
With patience and consistency, most double-doodle dogs can be successfully trained to be well-behaved and obedient companions.
Are Double Doodle Doges Easy to Train?
Double-doodle dogs are known for being intelligent, friendly, and easy to train. However, like all dogs, they require patience and consistency regarding training.
Here are some tips on how to train your double doodle dog:
- Start with basic obedience commands such as sit, stay, come, and down. Reward your dog with treats or praise whenever they obey a command.
- If you’re potty training your double doodle, take them out frequently and give them plenty of opportunities to relieve themselves. Praise them when they go to the right spot.
- Double doodles are intelligent dogs and can learn tricks quickly. Try teaching your simple dog tricks like rolling over or shaking hands. Again, be sure to reward them when they succeed.
- Like all dogs, double doodles need plenty of exercises. Be sure to walk or run with them daily to help them stay healthy and happy.
With patience and consistency, you should have no problem training your double-doodle dog. They are intelligent animals that thrive on positive reinforcement. So long as you put in the time and effort, you’ll soon have a well-trained furry friend!
How To Train Your Double Doodle Dog?
A double doodle is a cross between a Labradoodle and a Goldendoodle. They are known for being intelligent, friendly, and trainable dogs. Here are some tips on how to train your double doodle dog:
- Start with basic obedience commands such as sit, stay, come, down, and off. These commands will help you in everyday life with your dog and establish you as the pack’s leader.
- Use positive reinforcement when training your dog. This means rewarding them with treats or praise when they do something you ask them to do. Avoid using punishment, as it can make your dog fearful and less likely to want to please you.
- Be consistent with your commands and expectations. Dogs learn best when they know what is expected of them. If you are consistent, they will get clear and be more likely to respond to your commands.
- Have patience when training your dog. Dogs learn at their own pace; some may take longer than others to learn new tricks or commands. Be patient and keep working with them; they will eventually get it!
What Is The Temperament And Personality Of The Double Doodle Dog?
Double Doodles are known for being intelligent, affectionate, and loyal dogs. They make great family pets and do well with children. They are also good with other animals, making them ideal candidates for therapy work. Double Doodles require moderate exercise and do best in homes with yards. They are relatively low-maintenance dogs, only requiring occasional brushing and grooming.
They are lovely family pets who will bring you years of joy and companionship.
How Long Does a Double Doodle Dog Live?
The average lifespan of a double-doodle dog is around 12 to 14 years. However, some individual dogs have been known to live much longer – up to 20 years or more. Good nutrition and regular exercise are the key to a long and healthy life for any dog, including a double doodle.
A double doodle crosses two popular breeds of dogs – the Labrador retriever and the poodle. These dogs are often referred to as “designer dogs” because they are bred for specific characteristics; in this case, the poodle’s hypoallergenic nature combined with the Labrador’s friendly disposition.
Double doodles are typically large dogs weighing anywhere from 50 to 100 pounds (23 to 45 kg). They are also very active dogs who need plenty of exercises. A daily walk or run is a must; they will also enjoy playing fetch or swimming.
Regarding nutrition, double doodles do best on high-quality dry dog food formulated for large breeds. It is essential to avoid giving them too many treats or table scraps, as this can lead to weight gain and other health problems.
If you take good care of your double doodle and give them the love and attention they deserve, they will be a loyal and faithful companion for many years to come.
How Much Is A Double Doodle Dog Likely To Weigh?
A double-doodle dog is likely to weigh anywhere from 50 to 100 pounds. This extensive range in weight is because there are many different types of double-doodle dogs, all of which can vary significantly in size. The most common type of double doodle dog is the Labradoodle, which typically weighs between 60 and 80 pounds. Other popular types of double doodle dogs include the Goldendoodle, Bernedoodle, and Aussiedoodle, which can weigh anywhere from 50 to 100 pounds.
Double doodle dogs are typically bred by crossing two different types of Doodle dogs: a Labradoodle and a Goldendoodle. This results in a litter of puppies that can vary significantly in size and weight. Some puppies may take after their Labradoodle parent and weigh 60 to 80 pounds, while others may take after their Goldendoodle parent and weigh 50 to 100 pounds. It is only possible to predict how much a double-doodle dog will weigh once it is fully grown.
A few factors can affect a double-doodle dog’s weight. The first is the size of the parents. If both parents are small-sized Doodle dogs, then the puppies are more likely to be small-sized. The second factor is the diet of the mother during pregnancy and lactation. A diet high in calories and nutrients will result in more giant puppies. Finally, the amount of exercise the puppies get can also affect their weight. More active puppies tend to be leaner than those who are less active.
Overall, double-doodle dogs can vary significantly in size and weight. The best way to determine how much your double-doodle dog will weigh is to ask your breeder or veterinarian for an estimate.
Does A Double Doodle Dog Shed?
Double Doodle Dog does shed.
The amount that a double doodle sheds depends on several factors, including their coat type (wavy, curly, or straight), the climate they live in, how often they are brushed, and whether they have any health conditions that cause them to shed more than usual. In general, though, double doodles shed less than most other dogs. This is because their coats are made of two types of hair: the outer coat is made of coarse guard hairs that repel water and dirt, while the undercoat is made of softer down hairs that help insulate the dog and keep them warm. The guard hairs shed less than the down hairs, so double doodles shed less than other dogs.
You can do some things to minimize shedding, such as brushing your dog regularly (at least once a week), using a de-shedding tool or shampoo, and keeping them well-groomed. You should also avoid giving your dog table scraps, as this can cause them to shed more. If you have any concerns about shedding, talk to your veterinarian.
What Are The Grooming Requirements Of The Double Doodle Dog?
The grooming requirements of the Double Doodle are relatively simple. They should be brushed regularly to prevent matting and trimming or clipping every few months. They do not require professional grooming and can be groomed at home with the right tools.
The most important thing to remember when grooming a Double Doodle is to be gentle. Their coat is very soft and can easily be damaged by rough handling. When brushing, use a soft brush or comb, and do not pull on any knots or tangles. When trimming or clipping their coat, use sharp scissors or clippers and cut only a short distance from the skin.
What Health Conditions Does a Double Doodle Dog Have?
A double doodle dog is a cross between a Labradoodle and a Goldendoodle. They are usually bred to be hypoallergenic and have low-shedding coats. However, like all breeds of dogs, they can still have health problems. Some of the health conditions that a double doodle dog may have include:
- Allergies: Just like people, dogs can suffer from allergies. The most common allergies in dogs are environmental, such as pollen, grass, and dust mites. Dogs can also be allergic to beef, chicken, soy, wheat, and corn. If your double doodle is scratching or has red, irritated skin, it may suffer from allergies.
- Ear infections: Ear infections are common in dogs, especially those with long ears like the Goldendoodle. The ear canal is dark and moist, making it the perfect environment for growing bacteria. If your dog is shaking its head or scratching at its ears, it may have an ear infection and should see a vet.
- Hip dysplasia: Hip dysplasia is a genetic condition that affects the hip joint. It occurs when the hip joint doesn’t fit together correctly and can cause pain and lameness. It’s more common in large breeds of dogs, but any breed can be affected. If you think your double doodle has hip dysplasia, take it to the vet for an X-ray.
- Von Willebrand’s disease: Von Willebrand’s disease is a blood clotting disorder that affects both people and dogs. It’s caused by a deficiency of the von Willebrand factor, which helps the blood clot. If your dog has von Willebrand’s disease, it may bleed excessively from even minor cuts or injuries.
While these are some of the most common health conditions that double-doodle dogs may have, it’s important to remember that every dog is different and will not necessarily have all of these conditions.
What Exercise Is Required For The Double Doodle Dog?
Double Doodles need at least 30 to 60 minutes of exercise every day. An excellent way to provide this is with two walks, one in the morning and one in the evening. Letting them run around and play fetch is a great way to get them moving if you have a backyard.
How Much Space Is Required For A Double Doodle Dog?
A double doodle dog is a cross between a Labradoodle and a Goldendoodle. They are also sometimes called North American Doodle Dogs. Double doodle dogs are usually about twice the size of a Labradoodle or Goldendoodle, so they require more space. A double-doodle dog needs at least an 8-foot by 10-foot fenced-in area to run and play. If you have a smaller yard, you can still provide your double-doodle dog with enough exercise by taking them on walks or runs twice a day.
Who Is The Ideal Owner Of A Double Doodle Dog?
The ideal owner of a double-doodle dog is someone who is active and enjoys spending time outdoors. Double doodles need plenty of exercise and stimulation, so a home with a large yard or access to nearby parks and trails is ideal. They also require regular grooming, so owners should be prepared to invest in brushes, shampoo, and other grooming supplies.
Double doodles are social creatures that thrive on human interaction, so they are not well suited for homes where they will be left alone for long periods. They also could do better in small spaces, such as apartments, so owners should have plenty of room for their dogs to run and play. Families with children are often a good fit for double doodles, as they enjoy playing and cuddling with their human companions.
Pros of Owning a Double Doodle Dog
Double-doodle dogs are also very active and need plenty of exercise, so they are only a good fit for some. Here are some of the pros of owning a double doodle dog:
- They are intelligent and easily trainable.
- They are low-shedding and hypoallergenic.
- They are friendly and good with children.
- They need plenty of exercises and are very active.
A double-doodle dog may be a good choice if you are looking for a family-friendly, low-shedding dog breed. They are intelligent and easily trainable, making them great pets for families with children. Double-doodle dogs are also very active and need plenty of exercise, so they are only a good fit for some.
Cons of Owning a Double Doodle Dog
There are a few cons to owning a double-doodle dog. They are as follows:
- They require a lot of exercise and can become destructive if you do not have the time to commit to them.
- They are also very high-energy dogs and need an outlet for their energy, so if you live in an apartment or do not have a yard, there may be a better breed for you.
- Another con is that they are very social dogs and love being around people. If you work long hours or are gone often, you can become lonely and depressed.
- Lastly, they are a relatively new breed, and little is yet to brown about them. This shows that there may be some health issues that still need to be discovered.
What Is An Interesting Fact About The Double Doodle Dog?
The Double Doodle is a cross between the Labradoodle and the Goldendoodle. They are considered one of the best family dogs because they are so friendly and loving. They are also brilliant and easy to train. Double Doodles are great for people with allergies because they do not shed very much. They are also good with children and other animals.
Should I Get A Male Or Female Double Doodle Dog?
When it comes to double-doodle dogs, you should consider a few things before deciding whether to get a male or a female.
One of the most important things to think about is whether you want a dog that will be more independent or one that will be more likely to want to cuddle and be close to you.
Male double doodles tend to be more independent than females, while females are typically more affectionate. Another thing to remember is that males are more significant than females, so a female is a way to go if you’re looking for a smaller dog.
Finally, males and females tend to have different energy levels, with males being more high-energy and females being more low-key.
Ultimately, whether to get a male or female double doodle dog is up to you and what you’re looking for in a pet.
What Colors Are Common For A Double Doodle Dog?
They come in many colors, but black, brown, and white are the most common colors. Some double-doodle dogs have markings on their faces resembling panda bears. These markings are usually black and white as well. Double-doodle dogs can also come in various colors, such as red, orange, yellow, and blue.
Does A Double Doodle Dog Get On With Cats?
Double-doodle dogs are intelligent, friendly, and social dogs that make great family pets. However, they can also be high-energy and require plenty of exercises. Double-doodle dogs generally get along well with other dogs and animals, but it is always best to introduce them to new animals slowly and supervised.
Does The Double Doodle Dog Make A Good Guard Dog For The Home?
They are also excellent guard dogs for the home. They are easily trained and respond well to commands. They will bark at strangers and protect their families from harm. The Double Doodle is a loyal and loving breed of dog. They will do anything to please their family. The Double Doodle is a great companion for the family.
How Much Do Double Doodle Dog Puppies Cost?
The average cost of a double-doodle dog puppy is $1200. This price can vary depending on the breeder, the location, the coat color and pattern, and whether the dog is male or female. Some breeders may also charge more for puppies that have been bred to be hypoallergenic.
Double-doodle dogs can range in size from medium to large. They typically weigh between 50 and 80 pounds when fully grown. The coat of a double doodle can be straight, wavy, or curly, and it is usually medium to long. Coat colors include black, brown, cream, apricot, red, silver, and white.
Double doodles require regular grooming to keep their coats healthy and free of mats and tangles. They should be brushed at least once a week and more often if they have a long or curly coat. They should also be given a bath every few months.
Double doodles are generally healthy dogs with an average lifespan of 10-12 years. However, like all breeds of dogs, they can be susceptible to specific health conditions such as hip dysplasia, elbow dysplasia, von Willebrand’s disease, epilepsy, and allergies. Be sure to talk to your veterinarian about any health concerns you may have for your double-doodle dog.
Where Can You Find A Healthy Double Doodle Dog For Sale?
There are several places you can find a healthy double-doodle dog for sale. Here are some tips to help you find the right dog for your family:
- Do your research. Be sure to do your homework on the breed before purchasing a puppy. Double doodles mix two popular breeds, the poodle and the golden retriever. They are known for being intelligent, friendly, and loyal dogs. However, they can also be high-energy and require a lot of exercises. Be sure you are prepared to provide your new dog with the time and attention he or she needs.
- Check with local shelters and rescue groups. While you may not find a purebred double doodle at a shelter or rescue, mixed-breed dogs often make great family pets. Adopting a dog from a shelter or rescue is much cheaper than purchasing from a breeder.
- Contact local breeders. If you are set on getting a purebred double doodle, your best bet is to contact local breeders in your area. Be sure to visit the breeder’s facility and meet the puppies’ parents before making any decisions. Ask lots of questions about the health and temperament of the dogs, and make sure you are comfortable with the breeder before committing to purchase a puppy.
- Shop online carefully. There are many reputable online sources for purchasing puppies, but there are also many scams. Be sure to do your research before buying a puppy sight unseen. Only work with reputable breeders or companies that offer guarantees and health clearances on their puppies.
- Consider an adult dog. If you are open to adopting an older dog, many adult double doodles are available through shelters and rescues. This can be a great option if you don’t want to deal with the hassle of potty training a puppy or if you’re looking for a calmer, more low-key pet.
Some Quick Facts About Double Doodle Dog
Here are some quick facts about the Double Doodle:
- Hybrid of two Doodle breeds (most commonly Labradoodle and Goldendoodle)
- Intelligent, friendly, and energetic
- Low maintenance in terms of grooming
- Don’t shed much hair.
- Can be trained to do tricks and obedience commands
- Great family pets
Final Thoughts: Is a Double Doodle Dog the Right Dog for You?
A double doodle dog is a cross between a golden retriever and a labradoodle. They are bred for their intelligence and trainability. They are also bred hypoallergenic, making them a good choice for people with allergies. Double-doodle dogs are active and need plenty of exercises. They are also social creatures and need to be around people. If you are thinking about getting a double doodle dog, here are some things to consider:
- Do you have enough space for an active dog? A double doodle needs at least an hour of exercise every day. If you live in an apartment or don’t have much time for walks, there may be a better breed for you.
- Do you have other pets? Double doodles get along well with other animals, but they may try to herd them. If you have cats, they may need to be kept in a separate room from the dog.
- Do you have allergies? As mentioned before, double doodles are bred to be hypoallergenic. However, all dogs shed some hair and dander, so there is no guarantee that you will not have any reactions.
- Are you prepared to groom your dog regularly? Double doodles have long hair that must be brushed several times a week. They also need to be trimmed every few months.
- Do you have children? Double doodles are great for kids, but they may accidentally knock over small children. They also need a lot of attention and may become jealous if they feel like they are being ignored.
If you answered yes to all of these questions, then a double-doodle dog might be the right breed for you!